FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Rich Z (WebSlave)
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 08:20 PM   #81
WebSlave
Well, my cardiologist seems to feel I am in pretty good shape. But I finally did get him to admit that I had heart damage during my heart attack. He wants to prescribe something to help the heart to heal. Actually blood pressure medication, but he says it will help heart tissues to heal as well. I thought I had read somewhere that heart tissue doesn't heal after being damaged, but heck, he is the expert. I guess I would rather believe him than to believe I have been permanently damaged and am now kind of an invalid.

So does that mean I have to be more couch potato than not in the future? I asked him about that, and he just suggested that I give it another 4 weeks before resuming the outside activities I described to him that are normal for me. Connie told him that "normal activities" for me are NOT what is normal for someone 70+ years old. I am sure she is going to be a mental wreck for quite a while when I am working outside.

Because I am a mean machine when I get that extended hedge trimmer in my hands. And it is quite a workout. But once I get started, I just find it hard to stop. Just one more area and I'll call it a day....

I also need to be using the trencher I bought to put some barriers in to control the bamboo that is intent on getting into areas I would rather it stay out of. Rickey (my friend with the tractor) got an attachment to cut a trench, but although the attachment can cut down to 24 inches, his tractor can't pull it much beyond 8 inches in depth. And I am sure that will all the roots in the areas I need to cut, it would not do all that well. The trencher is a sort of thing that I have to pull while walking backwards via a harness wrapped around my body. Kind of awkward, but it gets the job done. It will cut through rather thick roots, but I have already had to break out a chain saw when I have hit roots beyond it's capabilities. Again, this is a rather strenuous workout. But a heck of a lot easier than trying to do that sort of work with a shovel and a hoe.

Anyway, I am guessing I will have to gradually ease into the workload after that 4 more weeks is up. Well, this Summer sure went up in smoke for both Connie and myself.

Getting a stent put in really isn't all that bad, but I really would rather not have to go through it again. In a pamphlet that they gave me describing the stent procedure, it also goes into heart artery bypass surgery. Now THAT I could really do without!! Gave me the willies just reading about it.