FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - FedEx shipping quality down the toilet?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 05:03 PM   #10
WebSlave
Well, things seemed to get better, but suddenly took a turn for the worst, it seems.

Saturday I had a delivery, which did get completed on time, but when the driver left, he backed the truck over some of Connie's ornamental plants and bent up some metal stakes she had there to hold the plants up. I decided to just let it slide as I could likely bend them back into shape (more or less).

But today I had an order from Sam's Club with some food stuff in it that was supposed to be delivered. Shipped via FedEx's Home Delivery service, just like the above mentioned delivery. Usually they show up here by 11:00 am, but that came and went and by the afternoon I decided to check the shipping status.

Damn... Showing a delivery exception. Driver claims he attempted delivery but was unsuccessful. Yeah, right. There was NOTHING to prevent him from getting here. Not a drop of rain to scare him off from our dirt road. And Connie and I were here all day long. Matter of fact, outside watering plants much of the day. My guess is that the driver was just feeling lazy and didn't want to deliver here, for whatever reason.

So great. That food stuff will be sitting in a hot truck for an additional 24 hours. Assuming, of course, that the driver will feel like making the delivery tomorrow. You would think that supervisors would be all over a driver who came back to the depot with undelivered packages still in the truck.

There is still no way to contact FedEx via email, and I am not going to sit ON HOLD on the phone all day, so lately what I have been doing is just filing Better Business Bureau complaints against them. At least I get some sort of response that way, and with the tendency for crap to run downhill, I hope it lands right on the driver's head. My demands are rather simple, I believe. I just expect people to do their job. If they can't, then go elsewhere and try to do something else more to their capabilities.