FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Connie (Mrs. WebSlave)
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 01:49 AM   #8
WebSlave
Well, my heart got quite a stress test today. I texted the nurse on the oncology team for Connie to try to get a time and date for when her chemotherapy is supposed to take place this week. She got back to me and said someone will be contacting me shortly. Then the very next message was "Connie does not need chemotherapy."

That implied to me that chemotherapy would not help her, so they were not going to waste resources and effort on even trying. How do you make a makeshift defibrillator? I had taken a valium just a bit earlier, and I got to thinking I am going to need the entire bottle, like RIGHT NOW.

I texted back asking here to qualify that statement, but nothing was forthcoming. I figured she just didn't want to be the one to give me the BAD news. So I texted the surgeon/oncologist and asked here what was going on.

Well, apparently the nurse was in surgery at the time, and just misidentified my phone number, thinking it was someone else. I guess that someone else is in for some bad news. Not that I would wish that on anyone, but I sure was glad it wasn't me. How the hell could I have broken that kind of news to Connie? Honestly, I don't think I could.

So in any event, Connie will be starting her chemo on Wednesday morning. I sure do hope she will have a smoother ride than some other people have with it. If not, I will probably have my work cut out for me to convince her to continue the treatments. She told me a long time ago that she would never go through chemo if she got cancer. Not sure why she changed her mind. If I see her in abject misery from the chemo, I don't know if I would have the strength to try to convince her to continue. Fortunately we know people who have been in a very bad way with cancer and after chemo are still kicking today, so that would be some strong incentive, I think.