FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - HELP! My Amazon tree boa will not eat .......
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2023, 10:11 AM   #7
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
One is tube feeding -- mix a slurry of chicken baby food, raw egg, and a little herp multivitamin and use a dosing needle or feeding tube. This does indeed keep snakes alive for long periods of time (about 2 years is the longest in my experience, and which point I gave up) but is a pretty advanced thing. Perhaps this (or some other technique) could be used by your vet to get a sample (to produce some poop, or some other technique like a cloacal wash).
You may find this useful.
https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...d.php?t=663950

Quote:
Metronidazole is sometimes used successfully on non-feeding herps (with the thought that they have an amoebic infection); one of the safer anthelmintics (fenbendazole comes to mind) might be a good idea depending on what parasites ATBs tend to come in with. This should be something the vet could advise on.
IIRC metronidazole (aka flagyl) is also commonly given to WC imports as it stimulates appetite. Most WC critters don't eat as they arrive stressed and with a substantial parasite load.