FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Wrong Sexed - Opinion Needed
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2003, 01:49 AM   #35
Boavoyage
Quote:
Since the car analogy is beat to death just about, try this one...
You buy an advertised working and functional digital camera off of a seller on eBay. Now, you don't decide to put batteries in or use the camera for 8 months because you were unsure of how to use the camera and you find out the camera doesn't work. Now, you went 8 months before even CHECKING to see if the camera worked. Should the seller be responsible because it took you 8 MONTHS to get off your lazy duff to open the box and test the camera out?
Quote:
Nice analogy man!
Are you kidding me? The camera works or not is just as same as the snake healthy. It can be changed due to time, and that's why your car dealer have either 3 years or 36,000 miles guarantee. It's either you drive your car alot, or leave it alone, there is some mechanical failure after certain time. But when was the last time you see a snake change its sex down 8 months or 2 years???

Quote:
I NEVER take the seller's word for it anymore, no matter WHO it is unless I watched him/her probe it in front of me, and even then I'll double check it on my own(in one case right in front of the seller immediately after he probed the snake).
Quote:
but anytime I purchased sexed groups, I had someone I trusted double-check for me within 24 hours.
In the case of the ball python, the seller, also one that I trust, popped "her" in front of me, and it looked legit a girl. 8 months later, same seller, popped the same snake and it turned out a boy. Do you think I performed a sex change operation on her?
Quote:
It was COMMON SENSE. Mistakes get made, which is an unfortunate side of business, BUT you cannot expect to be able to bend over the seller NOW because he/she missexed a snake 2 years ago because YOU never bothered to make sure a mistake wasn't made.
Everyone makes mistake everyday, but it is NOT an unfortunate side of business. The unfortunate side of business is someone doesn't have the ball to responsible for the mistake he/she made. I don't expect I am so perfect that I can make sure a mistake wasn't made. Yet, I don't expect to bend over the seller NOW for his/her mistake 8 months ago. I notified them, and listened to their offer. I posted here in General Discussion so that I can hear from everyone's opinion, and I mean OPINION! I also gave my OPINION, which you considered as a ridiculous "wish" list, so that everyone can contribute or correct it. I did not posted any "Bad guy" post because of missex. I did not demand my seller fulfill my ridiculous "wish" list.
Quote:
And if that turns you away from doing business with me, I'm sorry, as I feel I'm generally pretty easy to deal with and I feel I sell good animals(though relatively few and far between these days), but there is no way I am going to bend over for a customer who waited 8 months to notify me of a mistake.
The thing that turns me away from doing business with you, because you are not responsible for your mistake, and it doesn't matter if you are "Mr. Nice Guy" or "Mr. Perfect" 8 months, 2 years, 20 years, a mistake is a mistake. Do you think if someone murder other 20 years ago, and nobody caught him, should he be considered innocent NOW?