FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - redtail boa with large cage, worcester ma
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 05:30 AM   #8
Bob Kite
Quote:
Originally Posted by facedownthedemons
I believe you should have fees because of all the hoarders out there that look for free animals, and people that resell them
I agree with this 100%, there are alot of people out there that take in rescues with nothing but dollar signs in there eyes, BUT, I do not think too many people are willing to pay market value for a rescue either. The market isn't exactly short on adult male normal boas, with that in thought I would put a fair market value of about $100 on an adult normal male. I just do not foresee someone paying market value for a rescue when there are so many cbb animals for the same price. I totally understand the fact that it takes alot of time and money to rescue an animal, I have rescued several snakes in the past that have cost me plenty of money to nurse them back to proper health, and sometimes have wished I could see some of that money back but, I think the reward is knowing that I helped save an animal and helped find them a home where they could live the rest of thier lives stress free. Now I am not saying that you can't charge an adoption fee, but I think if your going to do that then you should have a set fee. I guess what I am trying to say is, if your looking to just find him a good home, then no matter what good intentions your cause may be, you should do just that. You shouldn't be looking for the best offer as it still feels to me you are trying to make a sale. I still think your best bet would be to list him in the classifieds unless you are genuinely just wanting him to go to a good home. These are just my opinions and may or may not reflect those of others.