FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - After 15 years away I came back to find.....
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 03:51 PM   #12
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Dwight View Post

Of course I realize the VAST majority of people on the boa classifieds are fine.
I think so too. In fact, I think most people are good.

Quote:
...the same old crap. People still selling obvious imports as captive bred/born. People still using the old bait and switch by putting photos in the classifieds of different snakes than they advertise. What a shame. I guess some things never change.
Is this an epiphany? You stated above that most people are fine, this to me implies that you realize that some are not. Yes, there is good and evil in the universe. But you are saying you knew all this years ago.

Quote:
Have you seen the classifieds lately? It's ridiculous.
You mean the free classifieds you chose to visit where you already stated that THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ON THE BOA CLASSIFIEDS ARE FINE?

Quote:
Can you really blame me for my post?
It seemed like a bit of a tantrum. An unnecessary tantrum, given that, by your own words, you realize the nature of the universe.
Had you not cast aspersions on the classifieds, I might have found it in me to commiserate that you had an unfortunate experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
some Tylenol and a nap.
Excellent solution

Quote:
if you show images of animals for sale those images MUST be the EXACT same animals that are shipped.
And do you expect that rule to be policed? By who? And their time, would it be free? Would they be liable for errors? What if they are wrong? Who gets sued for the defamation of the seller if the photo was genuine, but merely under a different light or some such? What if it was merely an error, and the seller offered a partial refund or a pizza for the mistake? I've seen threads where people debate for PAGES whether an animal is the exact same one as one shown in a photo. And if a violator is found, who is going to police that he doesn't simply return with another username?