FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - usark lawsuit
Thread: usark lawsuit
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 03:24 PM   #83
rodneynboalich
Thanks for that post...

Now if it's starting to look like the courts will rule that fws can't ban interstate commerce then fws will have to start working up an amendment to be added to 18 usc 42,,to ensure in the future that they can regulate interstate commerce....

And if usark doesn't have a strong enough argument to get the snakes removed from the lacey act then the snake will be illegal to ship once fws gets the amendment to 18 us 42 to restrict interstate commerce.....

I'd like to point out that usark pushing fws on the interstate commerce issue was the whole reason I started this thread....

If you look back you will see my concern that usark case that fws can't ban interstate commerce will one way or another lead to fws getting it in writing that they can regulate interstate commerce....

Once again the reason why.. is because if usark wins on the interstate issue..that means the courts ruled that fws can't regulate interstate commerce on the invasive / injurious level....which will mean that any and all plants and animals that are listed as invasive or injurious can legally go across Statelines....

There will also be a lot of political pressure on the courts to rule in favor or fws because if fws loses their ability to regulate interstate commerce then any person that's ever been arrested, fine, convicted,or jailed for a violation of interstate commerce,,will immediately have grounds for an appeal and overturning of their conviction and will be in a place to rightly sue the federal government....