FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Law breakers breaking laws to uphold laws
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 09:00 AM   #6
Glenn Bartley
Quote:
Ok so now all the cops that break laws are ok?
Now reread my original post in this thread and show me where in any way I said that law enfocement violating law or regulation is ok!
Quote:
Why bad mouth law enforcement as a group; why not rather document the specific offenders and offenses and report them to the proper authorities.
Is what I said about law enforcement who break the rules. Now if you have done that already at the local level without good result, maybe it is time to move up to the state or federal levels. Dirtbag cops are just that - Dirtbags! As for cops telling you that you had to return a car before it was paid for - well guess what - cops make mistakes too. If you feel so wronged by it then get a lawyer and file a civil claim in civil court. You may be surprosed what an effect that can have. I do not condone dirtbag law enforcement officers by any stretch of the imagination - in fact I turned one in a couple years back for beating a prisoner - I got no medals or thanks for that, I got only bigtime grief I can tell you - but I did the right thing and would do it again.

I have lived in small towns, while a federal LEO. I have witnessed less than good work performance there by the local officers and was subjected to their inadequuacies myself. I filed a formal complaint, it went to the state level and they were punished for their inactions. You certainly can document any wrongdoing of a police officer, report it, have it investigated and then have the officers punished - but guess what - they too are innocent until proven guilty if a criminal offesnse - and in a civil or administrative matter you need to show a preponderance of the evidence to make a charge stick. One other thing, especially true of police on the street level - they get complaints every day. They get legitimate complaints and bogus complaints from every type of citizen they encounter from a dirtbag to the pope! Most of the complaints are usually handled foir what they are which is trash, but the ones that are real should be investigated and the officer should pay the piper.

This last bit is for Randy. If you have witnessed the things you say you have seen, and then not documented all of the available evidence and then not reported them, or not arrested for at least the most serious offense, and if you are truly an LEO, then you are, in my opinion, one of the ones that needs to be charged yourself with failure to carry out your duties! Soliciting sexual favors from a minor is falls under peodophilia, and that is a crime comitted by sickos, and a crime that is overlooked only by, in my opinion, only a low life.

As to the other violations that you witness, have you reported each of them too. Heck get a video camera and document those cops running lights. If there is no legitimate reason they would likely be in hot water. As to speeding without lights on, there could be a legitimate reason even if it does violate regulation. If your life has ever been on the line in such a situation you would know what I mean.

If on the other hand you did document and report all of it - good for you! I hope the guy who did the soliciting thing of a minor is in jail right now. I surely would like the docket number if this went to court so I could read up on it. It gives me a feeling of some satisfaction to see dirtbag LEOs get what is coming to them.

PS please don't think I am ignoring you guys if I don't reply to your answers. I will be out of town for a couple of days, should have left ten minutes ago.

Best regards,
Glenn B