FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - How do you give someone karma?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 04:12 PM   #33
WebSlave
Yeah, that does bring back some memories. Seems to me I still have some paper copies of Bill's publication around here somewhere. I can remember when I had the site running under the name of HerpWantAds, and I kept on getting people placing ads for animals other than herps. So I figured perhaps changing the name might be a reasonable move to make. Of course, FaunaClassifieds just kept sticking in my mind as the best choice, but I knew that although Bill hadn't published anything under that name in quite a while, he would still ethically retain ownership to it. I was actually surprised when I asked him if I could have the name for a website and he agreed, as I thought for certain he would want to have an online presence himself under that name. I thought that was gracious and generous of him to relinquish the name.

But I will be honest, as little used as the non-herp sections are here, in hindsight I actually wish I had kept the name HerpWantAds and be done with it. All things considered, it would have been the smarter move. I still have the domain name, of course, but not sure attempting to move back to that would be a real wise idea.

Anyway, thanks for bringing this up.

Is Bill doing OK? I hope he is doing well.