FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Pop-up ads!
Thread: Pop-up ads!
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 02:37 PM   #26
SnakeSmithS
Hi Rich (et al.), I'd like to offer some feedback on the pop-up ads and site membership issues, as I like using this site and want it to stay online permanently... if for no other reason so that all of the valuable info contained in the many, many threads is always available. So, like everyone in the universe, I am annoyed by pop-up ads and so after reading in the posts above that "contributing members" don't have to deal with them under the new scheme for this site, decided to look in to costs for "contributing membership". My search led me to want to pass along the 2 following observations... these are of course, just my opinion.

1) I found it more difficult to locate the info on what it would cost to become a "contributing member" than I expected. Perhaps this is just my disorganized way of searching but I can't be the only one. I'd strongly suggest that the words "Member" and "Membership" be made links (throughout the site) directly to the membership sign-up page. I would also suggest that a VERY VISIBLE AND SOMEWHAT LARGE box be added at the top level of the site so that everyone who visits your site is encouraged to become a contributing member (i.e., a hard to miss ad for membership).

2) It seems like it would be beneficial (and might help push for more paying members) to make a distinction (site-wide) between "Contributing Members" and "Registered Users". Currently, the language used on the site frequently refers to registered users who do not have perks, as "Members", which is a bit confusing.

Hope this is helpful. That is how it is meant