FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Things I just don't understand...
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2022, 01:33 PM   #4
WebSlave
I still haven't settled on a pair of headphones. Two are possibles, but they have a history of the plastic above the ear cups cracking and breaking. I don't expect something to last forever, but things that only just last to the day after the warranty runs out, nah...

Those two are the HyperX Cloud Orbit S - Gaming Headset and the Audeze Mobius Headphones. Which are pretty much the same thing. But I tend to treat my stuff gently, so perhaps the cracking issue would be a non problem for me. But sometimes things are just a poor design made worse with low quality materials that there is no getting around.

I actually found a site selling headphones priced at $4,500. I didn't bother to save the link to that page. For that amount of money they had better rub my back too, when I wanted them to.

I can't remember it taking so much time and effort to buy headphones in the past like it is now. Have things just gotten more complicated, or have I become much more discriminating? If the latter, I sure am going to hate it when my desktop PC gets too old and I have to buy a new one. And that isn't even addressing the problem of the outrageous prices that the top end graphics cards are going for these days. Thank you very much bitcoin miners.