FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Giant tegu!!
Thread: Giant tegu!!
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:43 AM   #48
Tuxus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley View Post
Oh, and as to the "giant eggs" there's a pretty simple explaination for that as well. Tegus don't practice any guarding behaviors beyond nest site selection, when a female has the energy reserves for egg production one or two things usually happens as a result; bigger eggs or more numerous eggs.
They don't practice any guarding behaviors beyond nest site selection? I'm not sure where you learned this but they sure as heck do guard their eggs, this can be confirmed by anyone whom has bred them and video exists to back it up.

Quote:
Bobby, you can not call them "anything you wish to" because words have established meanings.
Interesting theory, however lets use an example here; Ikea names products after municipalities, villages and such even though they have no relation to the product, "health food" is another area where products are named in a way which morons may find misleading. He can call them anything he wishes, nothing is in place to force him to prove said names are accurate. With that being said he's done a pretty good job of doing so.

Any form of proof is only as accurate as our current level of information and our understanding of that information. In his last post Mr. Hill has shown in pretty good detail some proof to substantiate his claims. Bobby is not the type of guy to mislead others in my experience and his animals speak for themselves, are you honestly trying to claim that these animals are Argentine black and white's? At the vary least they are a different local of the Argentine black and white's but the growth rate I have seen in Bobby's thus far make me as sure that they are a different species as I possibly can be without seeing some extensive DNA testing. I'm sure He would be all for some DNA testing if someone else was willing to pay for it. My point is, everything thus far points to Bobby being correct and as the only breeder of these animals in the USA he has more insight than we do. He has atleast provided some evidence to substantiate his claims, could you provide some to substantiate your own?