FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Fl.International Reptile Show?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #82
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyman13
Let me state how i see this.

I am a buyer i go to the show to buy from vendors. I don't actually care who the promoter is or how long they have been around or how they conduct business because i am there only to purchase from the vendor. As long as there are vendors there that have animals i want to purchase i will go to purchase from that vendor.

Death threats are not only serious they are illegal and should be handled by having the other person arrested.

Joe Blow is mad at Peter Piper. They share the same friends. Joe says don't play with him he has cooties. Joe says if your his friend your not mine. Peter says don't play with him he's a jerk. If your his friend your not mine. Friends are forced to take sides. Childish yes.

Pretty much sums up the progression of this thread. We went from trying to inform the vendors that they may be at risk of a show cancellation they have allready paid for to gloating that the others show was a bust.

I have read all that has been posted on all this. I have no doubt that Tony did wrong. I started my post with my opinion trying to express that i only supported the vendors in this. And really didn't care to get into the debate on promoter vs promoter.

Sorry if the childish comment was taking personally by you. I don't know either of you, and honestly don't care what happens between the two parties. If i hear there is a reptile show local that may have something I'm intrested in. I base my decision on that.
You should care who the promoter is – for one I doubt that Tony will get very many ( if any ) quality vendors to sign up. So it should concern you as well as all the non-vendors. Do you really want to drive all the way to a show that advertises a big list of vendors and then when you get there more than half of those vendors were never signed up to begin with?

I know if I went as a non-vendor to a show because certain vendors were advertised to be there and then weren't there I would be pi$$ed…. that’s false advertisement. Making it a huge waste of my time and money.

It seems that you really don’t know what you’re talking about, because Joe Blow and Peter Piper DO NOT have the same friends. And I don’t vend at some shows and not others, because the promoters may or may not be my friends. I vend at shows to meet my customers and sell animals.
And not vending at Tony’s show was MY decision, not because someone else said “Peter says don't play with him he's a jerk.” I wasn't “forced” to take any ones side and I don’t think anyone else was either. You make it sound as though we can’t think for ourselves.

I wasn't offended by your comments; I am merely voicing my opinion. Just as you are voicing yours. Why make a statement and then apologize for it. You did have time proof read what you posted and could have edited it before posting.

Maybe if more people started caring about the integrity and intentions of the promoters we would have better quality show.