FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hybridization for Morph creation
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 10:18 AM   #6
crotalusadamanteus
Correct, you'll have an F2 litter of poss hets 75% Hogg. It takes only one of those 75% F2's to prove back to the 50% F1 het for the first (hopefully) albino 62.5% Hogg. That one albino crossed back to a different unrelated pure Hogg will yeild hetero's more in the 80% Hogg range. Etc., etc., etc. In theory of course. LOL It will never be a pure Hogg albino, and any who think you can out breed the Colombian completely is not the brightest crayon in the box.

This would take years to do of course. But imagine.........we already breed for selective traits like Coral, lipstick, RG, pastel, etc., etc..........(remember to imagine ) take the melanin away from one of those blood boas, or a really red Nic, or a dark Honduran. After all, when trying to make a certain morph, seems purity went out the window long ago.

Starting to look like this aint gonna be a popular subject. HA HA Perhaps I just have an over active imagination, or boredom got the better of me.

Interesting input so far. Where's the other side? I know there are plenty who don't really care about purity. LOL

Rick