FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT:Pythons yield hides for specialty items
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
Wolfy-hound
They said he chopped the head off with a cleaver.. nothing about a knife being used. The knife would be a filet type to skin with. I'm surprised they didn't have a skinning knife instead. But then, I skinned fish filets with a filet knife.. maybe it just works better?

He did "smash" the head afterwards to make sure the head was dead. The odd thing to me is that the hunter brought the snake in alive at all. He's supposed to be one of the special hunters allowed to hunt snakes. Not just a hunter in general who caught a snake. Maybe that's why he brought the snake in alive? The specially permitted hunters with snake experiance are perhaps allowed to remove burmese from the Everglades alive.

The only sad part to me is that they did not properly pith the head when they killed it. Killing the snake to use the hide isn't any more repulsive than killing a goat to eat it. I understand we keep these animals as pets.. but people keep pet goats and cows and chickens too.

I do get the point that in general the media would hesitate to show a goat's head in a butcher shop.. especailly if they were saying the goat's head was still twitching and moving or such. It's just proof that people don't consider reptiles to be really worthy animals.