FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - So many people calling their boas LIPSTICK
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 10:37 AM   #10
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
Lipstick, like any other selectively bred "trait" is a lineage, not a mutation. If the animals have Lipstick lineage, they can absolutely label them that way. A lot of the Ferraris that are sold now definitely are not on the level of the animals I originally produced, although some very much are, but I'm definitely not going to say that they can't be called Ferraris as long as they can be traced back to those animals I produced. It's the same with Corals from Pete, Summit pastels or Flamingos. A lot of people don't understand how to "care" for selectively bred lineages and thus they are slowly but surely fizzled out. It's the nature of the game. It's why it's not the name that matters, but the quality of the animals produced. Don't worry about what other people are doing, worry about making nice animals yourself.
Lipstick lined is different than a visual lipstick. So should be called as such. IMO
You never called anyone out for what they were mis labeling an animal? I could be wrong, but you yourself were one of the wolfs on here back 10-15 years ago.

And not worried, troubled is more the word. I’m not the only one either.