FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Lost Cobra Shuts Down Snake Show
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 10:46 AM   #2
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Nowak View Post
Independent of the specific circumstances, our hobby and industry are being threatened from many angles. Lost animals, keepers being bitten, invasive populations, public fear, political misunderstanding, and stupid "showmanship" are fueling more restrictive regulations and legislation. The last two shows I attended had several attendees draping snakes around their neck and walking next door for burgers, or through the public parking lot and so forth. Very poor judgement and social awareness.
I agree completely. We keepers need not to feed the fears of the various sorts of haters.

I've vended a few shows organized by the same business. I think that a organization that is much more on top of details would be a better host for a venomous show. A venomous group/club/society that has a thorough knowledge of that part of the hobby and the keepers in it would be best equipped for this sort of event.

"There’s really no evidences of a snake being loose in there because a lot of times when they get loose they poop, too." This seems a stretch. This may have been a really tangential offhand remark that the reporter honed in on for reasons that have little to do with relevance to the situation.