FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Which Fool Should I Vote For? Bush or Kerry?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004, 09:11 PM   #17
Ken Harbart
Quote:
It is clear the Democratic Party is the party for those who cherish this planet and responsible rights of the individual.
Democrats for individual rights... now that's funny. Perhaps you have the Democrats confused with the Libertarians. Big government, a nanny state, weakened national defense, tax and spend- yes. Individual, or even states' rights- hardly.

Quote:
This is for all of you republicans on this site who seem to cherish your special rights to keep these animals and carry your guns.
Yes, I do value my rights, especially those which have been affirmed by the Bill of Rights. Very few Democrats seem to grasp the concept of the rights affirmed by our founding fathers.

Quote:
Why do you, in an almost mythological way, demonize liberals?
Perhaps it is because of the atrocious manner in which they act.

Quote:
It is the liberals who will save you from yourselves...
That statement simply makes me want to vomit. Individual rights, but you'll save people from themselves. Uh huh. Oh I forgot, people can only exercise those rights sanctioned by someone else. After all, it's for their own good.

Quote:
You cherish your animals and their habitats, but you vote for people who lack any such respect.
I vote for those who comprehend that a human's existance takes priority over that of an animal's.

Quote:
How often do you turn on your TV and see a liberal hatefully bashing religious conservatives?
It seems to be a daily routine.

Quote:
You point your fingers at liberals such as Michael Moore and say he is filled with hate, but how do you explain Fox's extremely brash and un-countered attacks on liberals or hateful conservative protesters to gay rights?
It is an irrefutable fact that Moore is both filled with hate as well as intellectually dishonest.

I'll answer your question with a rhetorical one of my own. Would you care to explain CNN, MSNBC, and NPR's slant to the left of center?

Quote:
How do you explain the attempt by our President to put discrimination into our most cherished governing document?
A document so cherished that it's actually trampled on equally by both major parties. While I don't support ammending the Constitution, I also believe that there exists no right to same sex marriage.

Quote:
Bush ran as compassionate, but has been nothing but the opposite, a divider who caters to the extremist right.
Speaking of intellectually dishonest, that was a patently false statement. With his rather liberal stances on various issues, Bush has alienated the "extreme right."

Quote:
Liberals fight to preserve or evolve the rights of the individual for the individual's personal happiness.
See above. Evolve is a euphemism for dissolve.

Let's touch on the Democrats and civil rights for a moment, shal we?

It's interesting how throughout the latter two thirds of the twentieth century the Republican party had a better voting record on major civil rights issues. Come to think of it, wasn't it a Republican president who sent NG troops to Little Rock to enforce the SCOTUS Brown v Board of Education ruling? Oddly enough, the Court's ruling was vehemently opposed by former Democratic VP candidate John Sparkman.

Come to think of it, the Democrats couldn't even muster two thirds of their own party in the House to vote yes for the Civil Rights Act of 1964, whereas 79% of House Republicans voted yes. Now then, there was also an anti-rights filibuster going on in the Senate at this time. Funny how only 65.7% of the Democratic Senators voted to end the filibuster, while 81.8% of Republican Senators voted to end it and bring the Civil Rights Act to a vote.

Nowadays, the Democrats are embracing discrimination, but they're euphemistically calling it "affirmative action." Discrimination is discrimination no matter what color you paint it. Champions of civil rights my ass!

Quote:
And the latest attempt to compare liberals to Hitler by the Bush administration is absolutely hilarious.
Hilarious in the regards, perhaps, that the Hitler footage was taken from a liberal ad which compared Bush to Hitler. The purpose of the ad is to show the liberal mindset.

Now then, I'll post more tomorrow. It's getting late and I've got things to do.