FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Country living.....
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 06:43 PM   #9
Laura Fopiano
Oh boy, I probably found this thread at either the perfect time or the worse time.

As many of you know, I moved from Southern California (the OC) to be exact, to rural Georgia.

Since my move here I have dealt with a well pump going out, frozen pipes, bug's OMG the bugs here I could put a saddle on, they love to eat me too, I think it's a Cali girl bug conspiracy, 30 minutes each way to the grocery store, and some of the most colorful people that I have ever encountered.

Shopping? What's that? There's the dollar store, and if I really wanna go crazy, there's WallMart woo hoo big doins here!!!!

On the plus side, the air is clean, I am surrounded by every kind of tree imaginable, thunder storms, frogs the start singing when the rain starts, and the smell of the fresh earth and plants life in the morning. I live for that scent. I have a person that loves me beyond reason sometimes, and he over looks it because of who he is and who I am.

I do want to comment on your story Rich. Bryon's explorer makes this gawd awful noise when he turns on the ac or the heater....well come to find out, the local squirrels thought it was the perfect place to store hickory nuts. They were on the engine block, in the fan's, some of the fuse box's, he was finding nuts for days and some some still stuck under the dash.

There are moments that I ask myself "what were you thinking moving out here" and to be honest, because I can. I made a promise to myself that if things got rough that I would stick it out. So the squirrels can just take a hike, I am armed with bug spray.....and the rest of the south can just get over it. I am here to stay!!!