FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Man dies days after police shot an 18-foot boa constrictor wrapped around his neck
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 11:35 AM   #4
Bill Lamoro
Unfortunely I read on Yahoo various people with little to no experience with anything other than a pet dog, cat or fish etc.

These types of people have little awarness of biology or the world they live in. They live under the spell of everything on the planet is safe for them and their children. If something occurs with a wild creature they want it gone, if it is an exotic (all of them in one class) they call for state and federal bans to protect them and their children against them. Time and time again I have heard the argument that the male chimp that severly injured the women should not be kept as a domestic pet. I completely agree along with tigers and other of those types of creatures. In that case either a permit to possess after inspection for the caging, safety methods in place etc. but not just and out-right ban except on the Chimps,Gorrillas and Orangutans. Never just group everything under the same umbrella because it is easy and you are outraged and want it changed. Just to say "all exotic animals" should not be kept, imported etc. This go against the very premise of why my Father fought the war to protect our rights as a people to pursue happiness. That is what I take great acception to with the masses picketting the pet shop so to speak. I hate to class humans as stupid because they are not, just ignorant as hell of nature and the planet as opposed to their little secure universe. I am sorry the guy died but if a novice possibly the snake pulling back and facing him in his face he reacted by catching it behind the head. That is a no no when it is around your neck. They preseave it as a threat and act accordingly. Takes only less than a minute for a wresstlers hold called a sleeper to put you unconcious by compressing the juglar vein. Use your head everyday. Most of what you encounter in the world around you could at some time or other be dangerous.