FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Was scammed $3,000 using PayPal!
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 02:00 AM   #27
BoBlueSleeves
PopMoney has been great so far. I don't feel like I'm being "used" anymore. With PayPal, you had to trust your money to a third party, whereby they have access to your money. They can withhold it for six months, or even reverse it without your consent. It's your money that you have the rights to, but they take advantage of their powers and take over the control of your money. On the other hand, PopMoney doesn't store your money. There's no PopMoney balance where your money is kept. Instead, PopMoney transfers the buyer's money from his bank account and places it directly into the seller's bank account. If there is ever an issue, PopMoney does not become involved to try to represent you (poorly) like PayPal does. All conflicts become dealt directly by your bank and their bank. You represent yourself, and have to provide evidence directly to your bank. There's no wondering whether the third party (PayPal) has done everything fairly to try to help you. There's no questioning whether they actually submitted all of the evidence you provided, to the buyer's bank. Consider PopMoney to simply be the "teller" at the bank who helps you with money transfer from your bank to a different bank. The only drawback is that not all banks are participating members, where some of the smaller banks don't support the service yet.

QuickPay doesn't work out as well without a website that supports the input of a credit card number, such as eBay. Otherwise, you have to manually enter the cc#, which means that the buyer would have to email you his card #, expiration date, and security code, and few buyers are going to be trusting enough to supply that info to a complete stranger.

I haven't used Skrill yet. I set up an account because it's an alternative form of payment that eBay claims to accept. However, eBay seems to make you jump through hoops to use anything other than PayPal (owned by eBay). The Skrill option is unavailable when selling an item via eBay mobile. Also, a lot of eBay sellers, especially those outside the US, don't accept Skrill, either because it doesn't support international credit cards, or because word of it just hasn't spread outside the US yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk