FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Wanted Seeking Painted(Clown)Agama
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 10:49 AM   #1
Sweet Potato
Seeking Painted(Clown)Agama

I did a lot of studying on Beardies and had actually fallen in love with their personality. They were just the type of lizard I had wanted. Sweet, laid back, easy to manage, bonds easily with their handler...

But then I learned of the Clown Agama and how they are basically a smaller, less smelly, smaller clawed beardie clone that eats less and has a longer life span. As such, I'm really not sure why these guys didn't become more known and catch on a lot sooner, but I would love to have one myself. Maybe a pair.

I have prior knowledge in lizard care and do take the time to study any lizard I take interest in. I also already have an enclosure I can put them in, the issue is more price and availability.

I would want one thats captive-bred, for health reasons and to reduce stress on the animal. But I also would like one thats a reasonable price. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on one when I've seen some sold for 60 - 70. I also am not interested in an adult, only hatchlings as I want to raise them up myself.

I know that an adult will be easier as it will already be tamed and mellow, but I find it much more rewarding to work with an animal from the ground up.

I already have crickets and am breeding them for the food I expected to use for a beardie and know that they need a good deal of heat and a balanced diet.

If I get a pair, I would prefer they not have matching traits, as I would like them to be visually different. I have no specifics of color or anything, just visually different.

I live in NC and would need them shipped as I am disabled and do not have a car. Please try and be reasonable on the shipping...