FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - PAYPAL IS HORRIBLE - dont use paypal
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #9
AlamoAgama
my bank can transfer money to any ones account electronically, eliminating the need for paypal. but then you have to give out personal account and routing information to be able to recieve funds.

bank checks and cashier checks and money orders are great, but if your sending it to a seller, and the seller is waiting, and the buyer doesnt actually send it, and says they did. well then thats a can of worms right there.

electronic is the best way to keep track and best way to provide proof of everything. instant notification and insurence that your purchase is instant and wont go to any one else .

lets say 3 people want a reptile. and i only can send money order. i have to spend a little while going around town to get money order, go to post office, send it certified and contact seller with tracking information. then they have to wait a few days to get it. where as the other 2 people have paypal and money transfer is instantly visible. seller wont prob choose me unless i give him darn good reason to wait.

payment plans are only good if you have been in contact with your buyer for a while. i only do payment plans with those who are renown and i trust, and those people have known me and seen me around long enough to know i'm not going to disappear.

paypal is at mercy to computers. and we all know computers have issues. i sent a payment. didnt click the button twice. but who knows what my internet connection did. maybe it failed and attempted 2nd try. but then again i didnt get a 2nd email confirming the 2nd transaction that night.

paypal will protect you. but it cant do it in a timely manor. the magic number is 3-5 business days.