FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The proper way to Ship? (and other questions)
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
hhmoore
How do I know I am making a fair deal?
You don't. All you can do is familiarize yourself with current pricing, and consider the value of a particular animal to you. You will soon see that advertised pricing is all over the place....and actual selling prices are even harder to figure. Some sellers readily take low offers, others don't. By the same token, some buyers routinely throw out offers starting at 40-50% of the asking price; and some would never think of doing so. "Lowballers" aren't widely appreciated; but, if they didn't sometimes score, they'd stop playing that game. It's all a matter of perspective - personally, a lowball offer isn't a starting place...it is an insult, and a fast end to negotiation.

How do I transfer the money? (money orders?)
What is best for the seller is not the same as what is best for the buyer. As a buyer, you get the most protection when using a credit card. As a seller, the safest option is one that puts real money in your hand ASAP...and doesn't offer an easy way for it to be taken.

(I'll be back to finish when I can)
How should it look when it arrives to me?/how do I set up the shipping?

Should I update the person that my reptile has arrived safely?

Thank you all for your participation and help! I just want to make sure nothing goes wrong or I don't look like an idiot when dealing these animals.

Mariah[/quote]