FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - A Study on Those Who Keep Snakes... sort of
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 02:15 AM   #172
shashi
I always find it interesting reading through the replies and seeing so many 'nature lovers', artists, etc. Fascinating!
Occupation: self employed (I have an Ebay store and use other forums as well for selling)
What snakes do you own?: A 12 year old Dumeril's named Sydney, A feisty 2 year old Gopher Snake named Snyper (my daughter's), 2 sweet natured 5 year old Dominican Red Mountain Boas named Dominikk and Nikko, and a super mellow 6 year old Hogg Island Boa named Dunemaul who is loved and spoiled by my daughter, Madeline! She got me back into snakes after many years away. I am also lucky enough to call her my best friend.
Why do you keep snakes?: I have always loved snakes even though I had a Momma who was terrified of them due to being bitten by a Ground Rattler as a kid. She survived via seriously bumpy dirt roads, a bottle of moonshine and an old Model A. By the time they got to the in town doc, they had drawn out the poison with the bottle pressed up against her leg. And now that I have actually written that down and looked at it, I see why she was terrified by snakes! But she eventually got over my keeping of them and would even walk into my room. She was the best Mom ever!
What other animals do you have?: Too many dogs and cats (all rescues with a story), down to one horse (my daughter's) after last week, a Giant Red Tailed Gourami, 2 Female T's that are about 15 years old, and a couple of scorpions.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Well, hmm. After being a wife (divorce in process), mother and the general do all here for the last 28 years, I am finding myself again! I've always been an artsy person. Drawing, painting, writing and love of music is my true core. I am starting to get back into taking furniture and recreating it via painting, etc. Nature and the outdoors have always been my true love and always will be.
Anything else to add?: I also love insects, automobiles, great Bar-B-Que and a stiff drink now and again. And I am lucky enough to call my kids my friends. =]
Attached Images