FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Restrictive return policies
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
Alex G
Restrictive return policies

asixtwo posted this on a BOI thread:
Quote:
1) I don't sell them to ANYONE I don't know.
2) I only sell 100% guaranteed hets. Anything that would be a 50% or 66% het as sold strictly as whatever it's visible traits are.
3) I microchip them all.
4) If at any time a customer decides they don't want the animal, I'll buy it back for the original price, plus a feeding allowance.

Payment to be made after the snake has fed, and proved out healthy after a 30 day quarantine.
I didn't want to derail that thread with my thoughts on that, so I started my own.

More and more I'm seeing new or relatively unknown sellers with these increasingly elaborate and restrictive policies for customers who are unsatisfied with their purchase. One lady even had a TOS that flat-out refused any returns out of fear of what could be introduced to her collection. I feel like policies like this likely drive away good customers who feel like their money would be better spent somewhere that didn't require them to jump through hoops just to send back an animal that, for whatever reason, may not be to their liking.

For example, for the above seller, if you receive an animal that's, say, $450, and it comes to you with an RI (I am not saying this seller sends out sick snakes, this is only an example), you cannot get that $450 back for an entire month. I understand that sellers do not want people impulse buying and then having buyers remorse and sending things back all the time, but there is a line between preventing wishy-washy people from wasting time and deterring good buyers from your animals.

I guess I'm just wondering when selling an animal became a game of covering your butt to the point of alienating customers?