FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - genetics?
Thread: genetics?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 09:17 PM   #8
Bringerofdoom
Gregg M, not to be rude, but you do not know my current situation or the patternless albinos situation. i normally do have the money on hand and do take my reptiles to vets, but im moving at the end of november and money is really tight right now. i have been trying to get this house for 4 months now and its going to take about all i got to get it and to move in and do some minor fixes.

also

the patternless albino was sold to me sick from the start from a reptile show where i had previously aquired a WC iggy that was full of pinworms (didnt complain about that figured my fault for getting a WC iggy). i figured for some reason this would be different it was $60 so i thought it was worth a shot, it wasnt even labled as a patternless it was right next to other regular albino's that appeared to have been clutchmates. (traded a yellow nigerean uro female and $20 for it). got it home turned out the guy lied about the wieght and everything else. the albino was 8 inches and only 31 grams not the 54 he had told me it was (figured neglect, this guy deals in over 40+ species of reptiles just at this 7 hour one day show).

i got its weight upto 43 grams, i was weighing it weekly to monitor its weight. the week prior the the last he was being bity and snappy so i skipped him that week. i observered him about a week later looking real thin again. this time i forced him into a weigh cup and weighed him to find out he now 30 grams. this has only happened this week, it isnt that im trying not to take it in. im shure some other people struggle for money too at the end of each month like it is.

the patternless albino is showing several signs of crypto, yea i know i am not a vet and therefore cant fully make that assumption.

i have been trying to get about $100 extra to take it to the vet, im shure by next week i would easily have it. im just not shure if it can live that long. this one doesnt bill and wants cash upfront if he runs over, you dont get your animal till he gets paid.

i normally stand for the upmost care of reptiles, im even mad at myself that i cant afford to take it to the vet at this moment. i dont even like commenting about it right now cause its a sore subject. do you honestly think i like watching a animal die right before my eyes? especially when it was vital part to my patternless breeding project?

i would also like to note the whole purpose of this thread was to find out what could i mate it with IF the male does not make it.

trust me everyone i intend on bringing it to the vet, that way next months show i can come in there and show him proof he ripped me.

and if anyone reading this knows about crypto please get ahold of me via pm or something. or anyone willing to try to help me keep it alive till then please om me.