FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - 10 Foods Sold in the U.S. That Are Banned Elsewhere
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #15
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Well, there's an anti Papaya lobby anyway lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Yeah.... I've been putting off the effort of getting passports for Connie and myself, but honestly I think it would be a real good idea. Never know when we might need to get out of the country to get EFFECTIVE treatment for some malady that the US government would just as soon have us die from.

Heck, having everyone die early before reaching retirement age sure would help their bottom line concerning the looming disaster of social security, now wouldn't it? And don't even try to tell me this hasn't crossed some of their minds.
You should definitely get the both of you a passport. It's a small amount of money and good for 10 years, but can take up to 3 months to actually get, so it's better to have it before you need it.
In the past people always thought of others coming to this country for medical treatment, and that still happens, but there are more and more people leaving here to get treatment elsewhere.
There's a lot of quality medicine practiced in other countries, and the cost is far cheaper as well. People are traveling more often these days for both essential and non essential procedures.
Besides, it's just handy to have in case you get a spur of the moment good deal on a trip somewhere you've been wanting to go.