FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What's the most y'all have ever paid for a gecko?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 12:33 AM   #81
chondrokeeper
1500 to Ron Tremper back in 1999 for 0.1 albino that went ugly brown, and 1.1 stripes. I still have the female stripe and I'd probably pay another $250 to get a male like her.

1500 to Tim McBride in 1999 for 1.0 patternless and 0.1 normal leo, but the catch, het from Rainwater albino. Both hets came DIRECTLY from Tim (Rainwater). I never got a chance to prove out the male before I sold him. I never had an albino female to breed him to. I did. however, prove out the female normal het. She laid 16 eggs in 2002 and I had 4 albinos hatch.

Entire collection wise, from 1996 until now, I've probably spent close to $6K or more for leos. That's not even coming close to including all my time invested into them, feeding bills, caging, electricity, water, miscellaneous supplies. If you want to truly know how much people have spent on leos, you can't honestly ask that question without facting in the later.

Now, GTP wise, I started in 2002 and have currently spent roughly $4623 on getting 8 snakes. My most expensive one is my wamena. It came from Freek Nuyt (fnreptiles.com) direct from the Netherlands. Mark Twigg (arborealsplus.com) imported it. I paid a total (shipping, money order, priority shipping on MO, and snake) of $1023.

Selling feeder geckos, errr leopard geckos to get other herps you want is fun. But selling leo geckos because you kicked out your overly controlling girlfriend, that whined all the time while living with me that she didn't have any $$ and now has a "new" car (2000-something hundai it looked like), while you're stuck with a 1993 Ranger (god I love that truck though) that has a new clutch, new O<sub>2</sub> sensors, new re-manned tranny (that was replaced Aug 19,2004 and now won't hold 1st and 3rd gears), and pay rent, etc....SUCKS A HUGE ONE! But hey, my mommy (dad can suck a nut), grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other relatives don't live here or mere 2 hour drives away. No they live in GA, FL, and NY, so who's gonna be ready for the real world now.....bah, end of rant < /RANT >