FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - High End Herps Soon Hiring!! Senior Manager Needed! $36,000 & free housing to start!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 04:49 PM   #8
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
Although I agree that the line in David's original post is discriminatory most applicants dislcose their age on an employment application.
Point taken - although I'm not sure I would agree with "most". Indeed some or many.

This is a very fine line to walk and leaves you exposed to potential discrimination charges.

In cases where it can be clearly demonstrated to be relevant; an age range can be specified, but the determination of relevance is up to the EEOC.

If they have fewer than 20 employees they may be technically exempt from the ADEA, but with plans to franchise that could quickly change. State discrimination laws may be less permissive. Most states offer small business training to address such issues at nominal or no cost.

It seems as though High End Herps has a very ambitious business plan, which is certainly interesting to see unfold. Given the scope of the project you would hope that issues such as this had been hashed out before "going live".