FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Don't get scammed!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 06:48 AM   #15
polasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
The problem I had was with "additional" photos for Normals or Normal appearing animals. The key word there being "additional".

And dont get me started on the so called Pied markers. I have produced just as many het Pieds that didnt have the so called marker as those that did. Not to mention all the Normals with the marker.
Additional, other, more, extra, etc...choose whichever of those words you feel is more fitting. I still don't see what the problem would be to provide *insert synonym for additional here* pictures that you might have laying around.

Perhaps by "additional" you mean a potential buyer asking the seller to take a more specific picture (for ex, the snakes resting on today's newspaper with the sellers drivers licence, with everything other than the name being hidden, placed next to them). Even if that's the case...the first thing I'd do is grab the paper, then the snakes, then my wallet, then the camera. With all the horror stories floating around on the BOI, its not surprising that people are cautious and tentative...they need to be reassured. The sellers actions throughout the transaction (from "Hello" to "Goodbye") fall under the customer service blanket. So why not just entertain a potential buyers simple request?

As far as the markers go...I understand that they are no different from a coin toss. But again, I don't see why one cant just go along with the buyers request for "additional" pictures. Some buyers prefer to purchase snakes with markers...call them superstitious or naive or whatever. If they want it, why not give it to them? It would be no skin off your back and you'd now have 2k in your pocket. Honestly I'm curious...I don't understand why a seller would exclude a certain customer demographic (individuals who prefer markers on their poss hets) by not taking some belly shots (or whatever the request was).

My previous paragraph was typed under the assumption that your poss hets have markets...if they don't, then ignore said paragraph. Non the less, the first paragraph still holds true (to me anyway). Can you please elaborate on what you find so offensive with "additional" . I'm trying to understand ones thought process behind this. Thanks.