FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Don't get scammed!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #18
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by polasian View Post
I love it Deb!!! I threw it up under "things to look out for but not necessarily red flags."

Some sellers might not want to plaster their pics all over the place for fear that they will be stolen and used for other things. I can see why some might not want to make it easier for said "pictures thieves" to get their hands on the merchandise. However, at the same time, if the seller doesn't post pics, then the thought that THEY might be the "picture thieves," does occasionally get planted.

Ultimately what will eliminate most (if not all) doubt, is the sellers willingness to be transparent. Not showing pics within an ad is just another hurdle for the buyer to go through. I just post pics in my ads and call it a day. I mean it doesn't matter what precautions one takes, if someone wants to steal your pic, they will find a way to do so.

To me, it would seem that emailing individual pictures would make picture thievery easier. Because in that case, they don't have to copy and possibly get a grainy picture from the website, they can get top grade pictures mailed to their very own e-mail box that possibly have never been posted anywhere before so will be harder to track down!