FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info TexHiss Jimmy Horton - Poor Animal Condition, Bad Shipping Practices
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 12:28 PM   #38
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocamaro View Post
Sounds like you could never be happy. I hope when or if you have a child and it gets sick that you complain to the hospital.

I think everyone here should add you to the do not sell to list.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with his shipping methods. Its old school and it works perfectly. Get over it!! I have received $2000 snakes in the exact same way from big breeders and its fine. An insulated box is not necessary ALL THE TIME! I think when a box is labeled "Live harmless Reptiles" it only encourages the FedEx/UPS guy to shake the crap out of it.

I agree that the snake is thin and dehydrated. It should have never been sent out in that condition. Make that the topic of the thread.
WHAT PART OF THE LACEY ACT ARE YOU NOT FAMILIAR WITH?
It does not matter what you may think it may encourage the Fedex employees to do IT IS REQUIRED TO STATE ON ALL DELIVERIES LIVE HARMLESS REPTILE, end of story!
And yes an insulated box is NOT a requirement but it IS common practice and common sense if for no other reason it helps strengthen the box so when the Fedex employees are tempted to play footsie with it( as you seem to think may happen) it has a little more chance of survival!
And lets be honest that foam insulation is dirt cheap! I buy it in large packets from Home Depot, its just wall insulation, think about $5 for a huge amount!!!