FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Updates to the infraction system
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 02:13 PM   #79
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I am an asset to the communities that I decide to join. I hate that I am here having to defend myself or complain in any manner. This is NOT how I like to start off a relationship in a community or in life in general.
I understand your concerns. In today's environment I would think twice about putting my name anywhere.

I understand what you stated about not being anonymous but this is how we apply that here.

The site was built on this forum.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=13

Reviews are made there on business transactions. Let's say you made a thread stating Dennis is a bad guy and don't do business with him.

My position is I never did business with you. As a user I would have someone named "Moto Mike" from "FEMA Region III" making accusations about me that I never did business with.

Regardless of what information the site may have about IP addresses and other identifying information, the subject of the thread is being attacked anonymously as far as they are concerned. They can't address that person adequately and fully. There is zero accountability to the person making the accusations without a real name attached to the posts.

In fact you're right, a moderator will have those tools to help address if someone is who they say they are but that is used on the back end if a identity posted is suspected of being fake.

Does nothing to help the person you are posting about. You would be making the disparaging remarks openly on a forum for all to see without your real name attached for accountability.

The owner decided that's not fair here. If you want to criticize a business or a person or leave reviews on this site then your name must be in your profile. It was later decided to require that same requirement in the classifieds.

Like I stated, I believe everyone has the right to remain anonymous. This site isn't the place to do that. I prefer to remain anonymous on most sites.

Most of the people here are in business of buying and selling reptiles. Your name is required to use those forums for that purpose or to comment on someones business. That's it.