FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Problem after posting a message?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 07:09 PM   #20
WebSlave
testing...............

edit: yeah, took 61 seconds for that reply to register. So much for that test.

edit. Heck, I'll just edit this last post instead of creating a new reply. Much faster.

I told the server people that this seems like a MySQL database problem, and NOT anything to do with external issues. The server is choking up updating MySQL tables. Doesn't make sense that an edit is instantaneous if the issue is external. The edit updates the screen and would be affected the same as doing a reply. So their answer doesn't make any sense to me. It's a damned SERVER problem!

Edit (08:17PM): Well damn. I have a rarely used site (USAjeepin.com) and I just ran some tests there. New threads and replies are like lightning. But that site doesn't have any external calls to advertising sites. So is that the issue? Not a database problem at all, but just the calls to those external sites having a problem building the page to be displayed on the browser with the updated thread? But if so, why doesn't that also affect just VIEWING a page? That should be doing the same thing, shouldn't it?

Heck, I dunno. Maybe having those two stents put into my heart shorted out my brain.