FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - ANY Idea what this is? (a little graphic)
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
cguarino30
ANY Idea what this is? (a little graphic)

I recently purchased a hatchling bull snake female, and she seems to have some sort of problem. A few days after her arrival, (I try not to disturb them immediately upon arrival, so I can't say whether this was the case when she arrived) she regurgitated. Upon removing her from her tub to clean it, I noticed what has to be one of the weirdest reactions I've ever seen.

The reaction progresses over the course of 30 seconds or so. It starts with a normal tail rattle, then quickly shivers up her body and then she goes into this form (see picture), which she will hold without moving, until she calms back down and goes back to normal (see other picture). After she calms down, I can still see some very slight curvature where these dips occur, but I can't tell if they are permanent or due to some sort of swelling or injury from the episode.

Does anyone have any idea what this is? I've never seen anything like it. Is it congenital or environmental? Will this impact my future plans for breeding her? I also have her brother, who is being kept in identical conditions with no issues. To complicate things further, the breeder I got her from says that she was a twin, and that her twin does not exhibit any of these issues at all. I am really eager to hear anyone's opinions or experience on this issue, as I am quite concerned. Thank you for your time.
Attached Images