FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Is there a way to block posts from a single user?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 09:51 AM   #10
azareeSB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
"Spamming"? Sorry, but would you mind defining that word for me? It means something different to me, I think, so I am curious about how you come to use that term in this context.

Sorry, but I don't really see the need to create some rule about HOW a member posts classified ads on this site simply because someone else just doesn't like it. If I did that, then eventually there would be NO ads posted here, because everyone will have something they don't like about what someone else is doing to compete against them for eyeballs on their ad(s).

IMHO, some people are going to be a lot more aggressive and ambitious than others in the way they want to advertise what they are selling. Others, obviously, won't have that much ambition, I suppose. And you are basically claiming that you don't like this site because I allow people to be as ambitious as they like in their business model?

BTW, are you referring to the Turtle/Tortoise Classifieds section? Heck I see five (5) different advertisers on the first page there right now. Personally, I don't see any problem with that. It is actually GOOD to have a very active and dynamic classifieds section, I would think.

Anyway, are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that I slap down members who are providing LOTS of classified ads here, which is actually the lifeblood of the site, because it generates TRAFFIC, just because someone who wants to post a single ad is complaining about their ad not getting top billing? That I slap down members who are PAYING to utilize the bumping and highlighting features of the classifieds section in favor of others who are not?

Maybe my priorities are really screwed up, but quite honestly, I do think I have this all in the proper perspective. Sorry if you disagree and you feel your interests will be better served going somewhere else where maybe less traffic and a lower number of active advertisers is more to your advantage.

I asked:

"Any help you can offer in blocking them or not seeing their posts I would be very thankful for."

"Not possible" would have been a fair and reasonable response. I have no idea how these old 80s sites/forums work so maybe it isn't even within your control. It's one click on MM so problem solved and I can go back to using this site as intended, reading all the great old forum posts from when people were excited about Caramel corns and stuff ( :