FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - cheating
Thread: cheating
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 01:50 AM   #2
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdog
Having watched certain sites fairly closely over the last 6+ months I have to say that it's fairly dissapointing that so much cheating goes on.. it makes this topsites list pretty useless in my mind.. take the centre for reptile and amphibian reaserch for example, the other day they got 5242 hits from 25 unique visitors. PATHETIC. if that isnt cheating what is? it's been going on for a long time and they are not the only ones!

What are the rules re cheating sites here?

if it's allowed then i'll jump on the bandwagon too, if not then how about doing somehting about it?

watchdog
Yeah, I know some website webmasters cheat on the stats. They want to be on the first page of the site and will do whatever is necessary to accomplish that. I have caught several and slapped them with the evidence. Most flatly deny it even when the evidence is overwhelming.

So tell you what. You make a list of everyone who is cheating, your reasons for believing that, and provide as much evidence as you can to prove the cheating, then contact those webmasters and get back to me. I'll take it from there.