FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Can you put two male gophers in the same tank
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
~Just Curious~
Question Can you put two male gophers in the same tank

Forgive my ignorance please, I know you guys must hate these questions but I'm really new to the hobby (and this site) and I don't know much at all about pits

I met this guy at a local herp store who is thinning his collection and wants to get rid of two tame 4 year old cbb male cape gophers. He currently has them next to each other in a rack system. They're gorgeous and he's offering me a nice price for them as a pair.
I have a 120 gallon tank that's not being put to use and I just pondered with the idea for a minute. They are fairly small for adults and I could feed them in seperate tanks....

I'm guessing that I can't though because I know the answer to "can I put two ___ in a tank" questions are no 99% of the time and I can easily see problems arising. I really don't want to stress out the snakes, plus I think I read somewhere once that they're prone to cannabalism.

I just wanted to check with people who know though, cause it would be nice if it could work out somehow. Like my username suggests, I'm just curious~

THANK YOU GUYS!