FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - After 15 years away I came back to find.....
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 08:36 PM   #25
WebSlave
Heck, I have had people fake letterheads of attorney offices when threatening me with lawsuits. With enough time and incentive, people can counterfeit just about anything. Some can be pretty convincing. Others, not so much. But either way it takes time and effort to try to figure out what is real and what is fantasy.

Point of the matter is, WHY should we do that sort of legwork to try to determine legitimacy of anyone, for anyone? It's not like we get any sort of percentages from sales made here or anything, or would get a medal for our efforts. And honestly, it would be quite a burden legally to pointedly claim that our investigations determined that someone was a scammer and then brand them as such by our followup actions.

Again, WHY should we entangle ourselves in other people's business that deeply? We all caught a LOT of crap because of the Board Of Inquiry, and we were just trying to keep the conversations civil. Not in the slightest trying to make judgement calls on whose story held water and whose did not. Do you honestly think us being actively engaged in all aspects of someone's transactions as some sort of judge here would get us a lot of gratitude and pats on the back for our troubles?

Nope. We are just providing the medium here for people to buy and sell animals and merchandise on this site. Yeah, we WILL catch scammers who have tripped wires laid out for them, but we only deal with them to the extent of them violating the rules here. Nothing more. So beyond that, everyone needs to understand that they are on their own buying and selling from people that are usually nothing more that a name and profile on a website. Understand that people will lie convincingly in order to take money out of your hands without a shred of guilt or regret. Those kinds of people are everywhere. YOU have to do what YOU think is best to avoid them. We cannot, and will not, make that decision for you.