FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - After 15 years away I came back to find.....
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 12:19 AM   #28
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Yeah, but April, the ids now are much more complicated to be making fake ones. But, if there’s a way, those people will find it.

I would not like to see this site close either! I’ve learned all my boa knowledge from this site and some of the good people on here. I knew little about genetics and how they work, but now understand a decent amount. Still lacking in some departments. But, I actually met one of the best and honest people I know on here and he is always willing to help me and others. So here I stay til Rich kicks me off because of my mouth and lack of control with it.��. As you know yourself, April, I speak first and then take my punishment. Some of us take longer than others to learn.

I know I probably can’t be of much help to you guys, but I am here if I can. I owe Rich at least tat much. He’s helped me more than once to keep me on here.

Where’s Mr. Harold now a days? I miss him chewing me out. Not that I mind if April does it. Lol. When Rich does it, I feel as though DAD spoke up and when that happens, well, you know. I listen!
I believe Harald just got burned out here. He lives a pretty demanding life, as best I know. That actually has happened to quite a few really good moderators we have had here over the years. This is a really stressful job, you know, and they are all volunteering their time and efforts for the sake of this site. Point of the matter is, I just can't do it all myself. And I am sure the moderators of times past found out that it's a pretty big bite to chew on when you have the higher priorities of your life to have to deal with. Things aren't quite so tough without the Board Of Inquiry, but trying to keep the spammers at bay really takes more effort that likely most people realize. And there are always the problems of people seemingly DEMANDING that even without the Board Of Inquiry still being here, that they have some right to post whatever they want, about whoever they want, whenever they want to. It takes a lot of time and effort to convince them otherwise without pissing them off in the process. Which truthfully, very often is an impossible goal. So we catch the stress from such encounters when they happen. No one here likes losing people because of something we had to say to them.

That being said, you have no idea how sorely I regret making those people moderators only to have lost them here for good as a result. As a result, I don't take that kind of decision lightly. And quite frankly, I NEVER choose someone to be a moderator who comes out of the blue and asks for it. Personally, I just think those people must be nuts to want that job and I don't want crazy people to be moderators on this site.

Of course, I am relatively strict about how I want things run here, and that quite possibly has alienated some past moderators, too. But it is what it is, I guess. If I can't run this site the way I want to run it, how else should it be run?

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and more second chances than most people likely would. Some people turn it around, and others don't, and never will. But at least most can't say I didn't give them a chance. Some people are just not going to like the way I run this site. Fair enough. I don't like everyone I run into neither. But there is no reason why we can't just get along at arm's length without generating a lot of friction in the pursuit of what you want out of this site, and what I want out of it. Just treat me how you would like to be treated, and how you would like your home to be treated by a guest, and there is a pretty good chance we will get along just fine.