FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Feeding Issues After New Snake in the Room
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 01:36 AM   #6
BottomFrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
If your baby kings are the same age, any chance they might be starting to go through a shed cycle?
So a little update: I originally thought that might be the case, however it has been about a month of sketchy feedings and they still don't look like they're shedding soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they are, but it has been quite a while without any signs other than not eating (no blue hue eyes, etc.). They are the same age, so they totally could be.

Tried feeding both again this evening, no luck with either. I might try scenting as I've heard people have great success with picky eaters, especially using fence lizards. Anyone have tips on this? I've seen videos where people "juice" the lizard and dip the pinkie in it, though that doesn't seem like the easiest or most humane way of getting the snakes eating.

I was also considering moving them into enclosures outside of the room with the ATBs but I would have to put them in new enclosures because the tubs don't have tops and I'm nervous that might just add more stress.

Any advice or ideas are more than welcome, getting a little worried. They're still maintaining weight and look/act healthy, but one will be going onto its third week without eating which is not exactly ideal.