FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Federal Bill to Control Snake Problem
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #6
ScarletKing
Gulp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmsayi View Post
You are gravely mistaken if you think I don't understand the issues surrounding legislation against reptile ownership and the use of misleading or fraudulent information by activists, politicians, special interest groups and so on, to pass legislation restricting or prohibiting reptile ownership. I am also very aware of the fact that the Burmese population that has established itself in Florida is unrelated to animals imported for the pet trade. DNA tests done on captured pythons has shown the animals surviving in Florida are from a different locale imported for zoos and scientific research from Vietnam.

That said, the congressman in question is not sponsoring or co- sponsoring any legislation of the sort at this time. The article itself is typical of so-called journalism today and intended for political gain of some sort. Additionally if you think politicians leaning right are any better or worse than those leaning left, center or otherwise then you are drinking the kool-aid.
Really numbnuts? Come to Florida and live and then tell me that. Living in Tallahassee (progressive, liberal, great conservation...) or West Palm (elitist, conservative, an environmental nightmare). That's just two simple examples.
When you've conducted field work in every county in Florida over and over and see policies implemented based on political "leanings" as you say, then you can tell me about conservative vs. liberal politicians in Florida.

Most people with a brain realize that politicians are politicians, plain and simple. But there are some that stick to their beliefs, and it's obvious.

In any event, I think that's what I said initially - that politicians will use whatever is necessary to gain favor, so what's your point?

It looks like you've gulped down too much kool-aid.

Stick to issues in Virginia that you might know something about.