FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - FedEx shipping quality down the toilet?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 12:05 PM   #13
WebSlave
Yeah, perhaps this is just one facet of that marvelous gem of a screwed up world we are now going through. But I haven't had a bit of trouble with UPS or USPS. At least not lately. They seem to all go through their patches of troubles now and again.

Here locally, FedEx seems to be really struggling. We have had their trucks break down in our driveway a couple of times, and even when they are running they sound like they are on their last legs. Matter of fact, when the package was delivered today, I talked to the driver and he said he wasn't the guy running this route yesterday. But he heard that the truck had broken down yesterday. Something about the rear bumper falling off. Several times we have had FedEx deliver via rental trucks, so I think they are having financial difficulties and are pushing those old trucks long past being due to be overhauled or replaced.

For a while FedEx was delivering using those same old trucks but painted white without any lettering. I was thinking that perhaps they had been bought out and in the process of having the trucks painted to show the name of the new owners. Of course, a new company name of Fed-UPS would certainly be fitting.