FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Law breakers breaking laws to uphold laws
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 12:29 AM   #5
Randy T.
I have to agree with Dusty on this thread. I am a former Dept. of Corrections employee, and have been requested to apply as a police officer for a large, and a small city before. (so I am not a biased ignorant anti law redneck) I think police officers should be held accountable for the actions they commit far more often. I see on a daily basis officers who speed without the squad lights on (if they are in a hurry they should have the lights on) I have witnessed them make illegal turns, so they can hurry home for lunch breaks, and also run 2 stop signs in the process. (2 police live down the street from me) and even though they break the law on a regular basis you better not mention to them of the infractions they have committed. I also have witnessed police officers solicit sexual favors from underage girls while they were on duty, so to say that people over react to what law enforcement officers do while using the badge as a defense is far to harsh.... just my thoughts and opinions on the subject.