FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Speak Up or Keep Quiet?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 02:10 AM   #6
HappyHillbilly
Ha! Yeah, the ol' "pregnant or fat" ice breaker. Works every time (Doesn't it Jessica?).

It is awfully hard to not be offensive in situations like I mentioned, no matter how you word it. Jessica, you make a good point about PMing the person. If I address situations like that I always try to make it clear that I surely don't mean to be offensive, but that doesn't always work. After all, we've all got a bit of pride. Even me.

Sometimes, on some forums, I feel like something needs to be said for all to see as we know there are usually 10 times more people silently reading in the background. With one of the most popular myths being that heavy-bodied snakes are supposed to be fat it's hard for me not to try to inform as many people as I can. Seems like most of the "Nice snake!" comments come from inexperienced keepers, too.

I'd much rather make a friend than an enemy, but I'd also rather someone have a healthy snake that lives a long life than die unnecessarily. Danged if you, danged if you don't, 'eh?

I think that sometimes we can get desensitized on forums. I always try to consider the other person's feelings, thoughts, etc, but sometimes I almost expectthem not to take things personal.

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I was skimming along, saw HH, and thought you were talking to me, lol.
Ha! Ha! Well, from this point on, when you see me sign my posts just smile and know that I thought of you because I'm sure I will after you having said that. LOL!

Later!
HH
(No, not you, Harold.)