FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Beware of Ashtyn RANCE !!!
Thread: Bad Guy Beware of Ashtyn RANCE !!!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #162
DrummingT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
I just saw this. I will say the shows are better now than they were in the past, but it's still very loose. I used to see people with 20-30 baby copperheads in pickle jars selling them for like $10 each. Black mambas in deli containers loose on the table. It was nuts. To be honest, there needs to be significant regulation on wild animal trade and venomous.
No sir, there are far too many laws and regulations now, especially as concerns venomous snakes.

The number of people keeping venomous snakes is far higher than anyone realizes and most - overwhelmingly so - are keeping them illegally.

Why?

Because keeping venomous snakes is illegal almost everywhere people live in the USA. There are zero states in this country where keeping venomous snakes is allowed everywhere in the state. Every metro area of any size in a state that allows venomous snake keeping and sales has local laws prohibiting that activity.

South Carolina is like that, Pennsylvania is like that. There are so many laws and regulations banning the keeping of venomous snakes that the activity is defacto illegal for almost everyone.

I read the comments of that first posted article and they are horribly ignorant and some are clearly stupid.