FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Random Venting
Thread: Random Venting
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 11:12 PM   #1
allthatslithers
Random Venting

Im tired of rude customers.
We have alot of FANTASTIC buyers I adore and I hope they will attest to the level of customer service I strive for, but it seems like lately we've had this slew of time wasters, hagglers, and those that think your sole purpose and duty in life is to serve them. A please or thank you would be nice. This is not my business, it is my husband's. I breed horses along with raising 3 boys and one more (pray for a girl for us will you?)on the way. I don't have time or desire to take orders from anyone. I do this as help to my husband who also owns a business outside the home full time. My children have far FAR better manners than some of these people.
Then you get the ones who ABSOLUTELY MUST have the animal only to drop off the face of the earth. How hard is it to just say.."Hey I've changed my mind" so that we can still sell the animal elsewhere and not wait months for the check that never comes?
Or how about the buyer who agrees to set price, all is juuuust about finalized then decides they want to haggle. NO sorry shipping is NOT included. Like we don't pay for supplies,tape,gas,etc. Ive decided from now on shipping is bill to recipient,let them haggle shipping costs with the carrier. No over/under charging. We buy animals too, yes the cost of shipping sucks..but we pay it.
The real gem is someone who wants your animals, obviously,and emails you painstakingly to explain how your animals are only worth so and so. You know what? If you don't want them that bad, move past the ad..please. I am not opposed to dropping prices some, usually its NOT if the buyer asks. Particularly with repeat buyers, customer loyalty gets rewarded. But don't expect because Jim-Bob in Boise (fictional..apologize if there are Jim Bobs from Boise here)has a half dead one for $50 cheaper that I care. I KNOW what we put into our animals. It is a labor of love and money flies out the door as fast as it comes in. We have unwanted hand me downs, we get scarred unsellable animals. What do you think happens to them? they stay and are cared for! We have an ETB who was a victim of baad husbandry. It is a roller coaster of antibiotics with him, but we give him all we can because he's a beautiful animal and deserves the best shot we can give him. Was he free? Oh please,even in his condition he had a price tag. We have him because we LOVE Emeralds. If you don't LOVE what you are buying and are so desperate to save $10 will you put anything INTO the animal you want from us? They don't eat table scraps, they don't get UV by some magical unknown source, they can't just do it themselves!
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Phew ok
I feel a little better now. Im really not at all a wicked witch or anything,and as I said for the most part we have great experiences,fantastic buyers,and lots of folks who come back for more. I am NOT pointing the finger at anyone, but if this rings any bells..please think twice before hitting the SEND MAIL button. This goes for any seller you are contacting. If you expect courtesy,show some.
*drops her microphone*

Amber