FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Changes addressing the ad bumping problem..
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 12:40 AM   #6
WebSlave
Now where's that calculator....

Just in case anyone was wondering (and can't find their own calculator) what this means on a YEARLY basis is:
  • Contributor Level was changed from 10 to 30 per 30 day period. 360 highlighted bumps per year.
  • Benefactor Level was changed from 50 to 150 per 30 day period. 1,800 highlighted bumps per year.
  • Endowment Level was changed from 200 to 400 per 30 day period. 4,800 highlighted bumps per year.

Yes, I know that with those numbers, the higher level paid members can put us right back where we started, but hey, if someone has a better idea that won't cost me for custom programming, then let me know. Limiting the number of ads anyone can make just seems counterproductive when I am trying to GROW this site and get MORE participation within it, so realistically, that just is NOT an option to consider. My guess is that prospective buyers want to see as many options as possible for them to view to consider buying, so I'm not about to try to inhibit that attraction here.